Cement Dog Run Flooring

An Alternative To Cement Dog Run Flooring
Cement is a well-liked dog run flooring material that is easy to keep clean and disinfected; although, I do not like this number-one choice in dog run flooring at all. From the dogs’ point of view, this material is very uncomfortable to sit and lie on, and it is not a part of the natural environment that I believe that the dogs enjoy touching. There is a lot to be said about the smells and feel of the real ground to a housedog.

It is more work, but I totally believe in giving my dogs a natural environment to romp and play on while they are outside enjoying their dog run exercise periods. The dog has such a sensitive nose. It is impossible for me to believe that they just want to look through the fence at the grass without being able to inhale its fragrance while touching it.

My dogs do not seem to want to dig out of their pen while my flooring keeps changing. I buy flats of cheap ground covers from the nursery, and simply change their grass every couple of months.

No comments:

Post a Comment